An INCOMING [PEGASUS]2 Marie Skłodowska-Curie fellowship is a regular 3-year postdoctoral fellowship for researchers that are currently performing research abroad and wish to continue their research career in Flanders.
NAPS Members interested in applying for this fellowship are invited to contact Dr. Anthony DuPont (K. U. Leuven) for preliminary discussion of proposals. His email address is anthony.dupont @ theo.kuleuven.be.
• Applicants must have obtained a PhD in any scientific area or a degree that is legally recognized as equivalent (deadlines for obtaining PhD: see www.fwo.be).
• Applicants must apply within 3 years after obtaining their PhD (deadlines for obtaining PhD: see www.fwo.be).
• Applicants must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Belgium for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the start of the fellowship.
• Applicants cannot apply more than twice for a postdoctoral fellowship at FWO, nor can they apply for a fellowship of which they have previously, if only partially, been the beneficiary.
• Proposals need to be submitted in English before the deadline using the FWO e-portal.
Applicants must be affiliated for the full 3-year period of the fellowship to a university in the Flemish Community, possibly in collaboration with a Flemish or federal scientific institution in Belgium where they conduct their research. If the research is conducted in collaboration with a Flemish or federal scientific institution, it shall be carried out under the supervision and responsibility of a Flemish university.
• KU Leuven – www.kuleuven.be
• Ghent University (UGent) – www.ugent.be
• University of Antwerp (UAntwerp) – www.uantwerpen.be
• Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB) – www.vub.ac.be
• Hasselt University (UHasselt) – www.uhasselt.be
• Fellowship or employment contract for a period of 3 years with attractive salary
• Mobility allowance of € 600/month
• Annual bench fee of € 4.000 for research, training and research-related travel costs
• Full social security
• Occupational accident insurance, travel and repatriation insurance
• One-time return trip to Brussels for one person
• Career support at the Flemish host university
• Participation in training activities