The Center for the Study of Christianity at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem invites applications for a postdoctoral research fellowship in one of the following areas of study:
1. New Testament, Early Christianity, its literature and Jewish context
2. Eastern Christianities
3. Christianity in Palestine/Eretz-Israel (in all fields and throughout its entire history)
4. Jewish-Christian relations
What the CSC is offering:
*The successful candidate will be awarded for one year (or 6 months), beginning on 1 October 2017, a grant of $2000 per month
*Library privileges at the Hebrew University
The postdoctoral fellow is expected to pursue her/his own research and publications, and to participate in the ongoing academic activities of the CSC. The fellow will be expected to deliver one or two lectures about her/his own research, and to be present at the Hebrew University for the duration of the fellowship.
The fellowship requires residence in Jerusalem. Candidates should have received their Ph.D. degree after 1 October 2012 from an institution other than the Hebrew University. Candidates who have not yet graduated may apply if they have submitted their dissertations by 1 October 2016. If awarded the fellowship, their acceptance will be conditional upon approval of their degrees by 1 April 2017.
1. Application form (found on the online application system, see below)
2. A letter of interest including an indication of the other institutes to which she/he have applied (maximum of 500 words)
3. Curriculum vitae
4. A list of publications
5. A research project description (maximum of 1000 words)
6. Two letters of recommendation (one from her/his Ph.D. supervisor)
7. An official copy of her/his Ph.D. degree certificate or Ph.D. submission
All application materials must be submitted via the online Scholarships and Awards Application System (https://scholarships.ekmd.huji.ac.il/Pages/default.aspx). The letters of recommendation should be sent directly by the evaluators, according to the guidelines specified in the online application system. Only once we receive the letters of reference will the application be considered.
Deadline for applications:
31 December 2016. A decision will be announced during February 2017. Should you have any queries or require further information you may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.